Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Fun!!



I love these pictures...The one on the left proves that every Christmas I get shorter ;) The one on the left just cracks me up! I'm not sure why, but the older I get the more I enjoy being "silly". These are our best friends, John and Lucy. They are one of the best things that ever happened to us and being reunited with them this year has been one of the biggest blessings of 2011. One of the great things about our relationship is that we are easily able to bring out the "silliness" in one another. We spend a lot of time laughing, teasing each other and enjoying being able to laugh at ourselves. So much of our adulthood is spent bogged down in stress and seriousness. It is nice to enjoy the fellowship that the Lord gave us and not take ourselves too seriously.
Our Christmas was so joyful this year. With our recent move and job transitions, we were not able to provide as many gifts for our kids this year. Initially, I was so disappointed about it. I spent some time worrying and entertaining my good friend, self pity, and then I got a grip and decided to be thankful for the important things this Christmas. My family is all together, in our home, and we all continue to enjoy good health and a wonderful church family. Our boys are growing fast and soon our nest will start emptying, which I just cannot believe.
So this year we went shopping and were able to get each of the boys one very special gift that they really wanted. Watching them open their gifts on Christmas Eve actually brought tears to my eyes. They were so thankful! Sometimes you wonder if you've taught your kids how to be thankful. In a day where kids are overindulged and fairly self-centered it's hard to know if you've taught this important lesson. Or more importantly, if the lesson has been received and applied. It was the coolest thing to watch them be so excited and share in each others excitement as they opened their gifts. Watching them was definitely my favorite gift.
My other favorite gift, was getting to sing with my husband at the Christmas Eve service at our church, maybe I'll post the video of it (if I can figure out how) a little later.
I hope your "gifts" were as sweet as mine...Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. aw....I sure do love you so much! And, you are so right!!! We DO have the best time together don't we???!!!

    ReplyDelete